I started by gathering my fabric scraps and cutting out 11 triangles.
I made a 2" guide out of cardboard and just cut away! I had some 3" bias tape from previous projects that I used to secure the triangles together. I just slipped the top of the banner into the bias tape and then used a zig-zag stitch on the top.
After that was done, I cute out "Jacob" using freezer paper to make a stencil. I should have used the iron longer to secure the stencils in place, as some of the corners came away when I painted over them. This caused some bleeding....
I think it hid the bleeding pretty well.
Contrasting thread makes a fun pattern on the bias tape. This project was super easy, and took about 1/2 an hour.
I love how it turned out and think that maybe my Jacob needs one, too!