This pillow was made from my son's old curtains. I still have TONS of this left, so I will have to find something else to do with it....or just keep it around for a rainy day. The brown ribbon I had on hand, so the only thing purchased for this project was the pillow form, and I used a 50% off coupon for that.
It was also my first attempt at ruffles. I think it's safe to say that I need some more practice. But, it was fun to try and I'll definitely be trying them out again!
This was an exciting project for me. It was the first time I attempted to sew with this type of fabric and it was the first time I tried to sew circles. Yeah, I know. I'm a novice, people! Straight lines are my specialty. Anyway, even though this little bolster pillow looks simple, it took me a little longer than anticipated to finish it. But, I LOVE the finished product. I had just enough fabric from the remnant bin to make one bolster, and it works perfectly with my bedding. (The pillow form was also purchased at Jo-Ann's with an awesome 50% off coupon)