Having a good weekend? I hope so. We had the best day yesterday. Took the kids to a local apple orchard to pick some apples. They had so much fun! I love these fall days. And now, we have enough apples to make about 15 apple pies. Yum!
All right, enough of my 'skipping through memories' for ya. I wanted to share this little project I worked on this weekend.
Check out these curtains in my sons room:
I know, kinda girly right? Well, when we moved in, the previous owners had done this amazing mural on the walls. They had twin girls, so I guess they wanted to add a little girliness to the curtains. I had nothing against them, especially when my two daughters were sharing the room. When my son came along, I didn't even think about the curtains until I saw my husband sneak them on our "to-do-during-the-summer" list. Hmmmm.
I've been seeing these lovely banners all over blogland and I thought it might be a good solution to my sons room. Since the mural makes the room seem very busy, I didn't want anything to big or pattern-y to add to the chaos.
I went to JoAnn's and picked out a bunch of fabric squares for $2 each. I found a cute repeating pattern and purchased enough to make front and backs to my banners.
I made a little pattern (from a diaper box...gotta use what you have!) and then traced it on the back of my fabric. I made sure to cut at least 1" around the pattern for seam allowance.
After a lot of ironing, sewing, ramming the corners with pencils to get everything turned out right, I had my banner. I used a 3" wide yellow bias tape to provide the banner runner.
I ironed it in half and folded it over the top side of the triangles to cover the front and the back.
I used the initial knobs I purchased from Hobby Lobby to tie the curtains above the window. I think they turned out pretty cute.
I'm glad it was a small window!
*P.S. Please see the sidebar for the fun link parties I join during the week!