I've had it in my head to try some new things for a wreath. I've seen several different methods floating around....the paper bag method, the yarn method, the music sheet method, and the book method. Since I have a self-proclaimed book addiction, it made me slightly nauseous at the thought of destroying a book for decorating purposes. So, I went to Goodwill and picked up a nice, big, thick book I've never heard of so I could tear it to shreds. Of course, I (or my husband, we're both denying it at the moment), misplaced said book and I was going crazy trying to find it. Finally, I remembered a book that I bought but absolutely HATED and decided that would do. After digging it out from the dust bunnies underneath my bed, I started my little project.
First step was to gleefully tear out the pages and cut out some circles (old school method---tracing a cup). I cut out 3 sizes, just ranging from large to small. Then, I had fun using my distressing ink to distress the heck out of each circle. After that it was simply pushing the middle of the circle into the foam wreath ($1 store, ya'll...love that place). I wanted it to be a gradual large to small circle look, but I'm not really seeing it now. Ah, well. After I finished (it was a nice project to do during the closing ceremonies of the Olympics), I thought it needed a teeny, tiny bit more to finish it off. So, the paper flower was made and glued on to the front.
Now, looking at the pics, I wish I would have covered up the green foam a bit better. Either painting it or putting more paper around it. Next time!
Linking to: Metamorphosis Monday, The Persimmon Perch