We moved to this house with these brown shelving units. They worked for our old house, but in this house, it made our already small bathroom seem even more small and dark. So, I decided to try and lighten them up a little.
I took the wall unit into the garage after wiping off the dust. I think I made a little mistake of not sanding this one down before starting the painting process, but it all worked out in the end!
I started with a light coat of sage green. While that was drying, I decided to try and coordinate some of our mis-matched baskets with a matching coat of sage green.
After the green dried, I sprayed the cabinet with a plain white semi-gloss finish.
(Can you see what my shelf is raised on? Yup, those are oil quarts. Hope hubby doesn't mind they are not painted while, ivory and sage green!)
And while that was drying, I attempted to get in as many spray paint projects as I could! Hey, when the kids are away---the mom will play! (Groan, groan, groan....)
Anyway, I got out this little stool I've been saving for my girls room for awhile (a fun GW find). This January, I thought I could attempt spray painting in our garage if I ran a heater. I know, I know...spray painting, in January....in MINNESOTA?!? What was I thinking? Well, I can assure you, it didn't work and I just put all spray paint projects on the back burner. But, while I was in the moment, I primed this little stool and then promptly forgot about it.
Well, the primer had dried all blobby, so I attempted to sand it down to a smooth finish. Stay tuned for the final reveal....
I also decided to transform these candles, which have been around since the beginning of my married life (almost 8 years now....yikes!).
And, finally, I decided to start priming a project involving this....
Ok, enough sneak peaks! On to the finished bathroom shelf make over!
Here is the towel shelf I re-did in January. I think the basket is a nice little addition to the unit! After the white dried, I simply took a sheet of sand paper and lightly ran it over the white to reveal some of the green and wood texture beneath.
And here is the wall unit I completed today. I love the sage green basket and I think I'll put some good ole TP on the top. (I need to work on my staging, I think!)
I love how the distressing turned out on this little front detail. Very fun! Total project for this was 2 cans of spray paint (since I already had the furniture and sand paper), around $6!